After much discussion, we regret to cancel the Car show that was scheduled for July 18, 2020.
Save the date for next year
July 17, 2021.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church
Starting July 5, 2020
July Sermon Series:
The Church Has Feet
The church is not defined by its location, or at least it shouldn’t be. The church was never designed to be stationary, contained. The church is supposed to have feet! It is supposed to move. Be active. Change lives. Love people. Proclaim the Gospel. Throughout the month of July, we are going to explore the who, what, where and why of the church and, hopefully, commit together to putting feet to the church!
July 5th will be our first ever Drive-In Worship Service. This means that you will drive to the church in your car, park, and remain in your car for the entire service. Worship will begin at 8:45am. Please note the time change! We kindly ask that you arrive before 8:45, as our ushers will need to get cars parked before the service begins. Our intention is to keep this service to 30-40 minutes. An in-car activity will be provided for our children.
Here are a few guidelines we are asking that you follow during our Drive-In service to ensure everyone’s health and safety:
* Follow the parking attendant’s instructions upon arrival at the church.
* Abide by all posted signage that directs the flow of traffic in and out of the parking lot.
* Please stay in your car.
* The church will be CLOSED; so please do not plan to access the building for any reason.
* If you are concerned about airborne particles, please keep your car windows up for the added layer of safety.
* Tune your car radio to the designated station for the worship service (provided upon arrival). If you are uncomfortable with keeping your car running, a small battery- operated radio with FM capability may also be used.
* No bathroom facilities are available.
* No playground facilities are available.
* If you feel ill, please stay home until you feel better.
* Always do your part to keep both yourself and others safe!
July 5th: What is the Church?
Scripture: Acts 2:42-47, Ephesians 2:19-22
COVID-19 has changed a lot of things in our world. And while we may be tired of hearing about the virus, we have to think about how it has and is affecting our lives. That includes the church! Our buildings have been closed. Our events have been canceled. That begs the question, what is the church? The church is more than the building we gather in. So, what is the church, if it isn’t the building? The church has to have feet in order to be what it was designed to be: God’s people! The church is a movement, not a structure. How do we give the church feet in this crazy and upside-down world we find ourselves living in?
Enola Emmanuel United Methodist Church © Copyright. All Rights Reserved.